Re: nnimap confused?

Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) <YAIRFR@Amdocs.com> writes:

> > > 1. I need to read another mailbox from the exchange software.  Under
> > >    outlook this looks like another mailbox but not under "Outlook Today"
> > >    folder like all other folders.  I don't want to have this mailbox
> > >    split as I share it with other users.
> >
> > Can you see the mailbox with Netscape or some other IMAP client?
>
> I don't have any IMAP client installed :-( What are the IMAP commands I
> can type if I telnet into the port?

Something like

telnet mailhost 143
. login user password
. list "" "Outlook*"

should list all mailboxes starting with "Outlook Today". If you see
your mailbox there, nnimap really really should display it to you.

> > you enter the server buffer ('^', select your server) do you get any
> > messages in your *Messages* buffer about not being able to decode
> > UTF7?
>
> Nothing special see below...

Right. If the mailbox name was UTF7-encoded there is a chance nnimap
couldn't decode it properly, but you should see the unencoded mailbox
name in any case.

> Are the messages wierd because of my null server name?

Nope, a bug. Fixed. Thanks.

> Another oddity I've fpund is that when I browse the server from the
> server buffer, all groups are shwon as killed, even those I'm subscribed
> to.

Yup. The `K' is hardcoded in the buffer for all groups.

> Still here... It even asks me for password when I close and open the
> IMAP server from the server buffer, which is definitly within one gnus
> session.

It shouldn't do that. I haven't tried manual logins for ages so
perhaps something has broke in this area. I'll try to use it to see if
I can reproduce it..