Re: nnimap confused?

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) <YAIRFR@Amdocs.com> writes:
>
> > 1. I need to read another mailbox from the exchange software.  Under
> >    outlook this looks like another mailbox but not under "Outlook Today"
> >    folder like all other folders.  I don't want to have this mailbox
> >    split as I share it with other users.
>
> Can you see the mailbox with Netscape or some other IMAP client?

I don't have any IMAP client installed :-( What are the IMAP commands I
can type if I telnet into the port?

>  If
> you enter the server buffer ('^', select your server) do you get any
> messages in your *Messages* buffer about not being able to decode
> UTF7?

Nothing special see below... Are the messages wierd because of my null
server name?

,----------------------------------------
|Connecting to ...
|Reading active file...
|nnimap: Generating active list...
|nnimap: Generating active list for ...done
|Reading active file...done
|Connecting to ...done
`----------------------------------------

Another oddity I've fpund is that when I browse the server from the
server buffer, all groups are shwon as killed, even those I'm subscribed
to.

> > 2. How can I prevent nnimap asking my password if it already got one and
> >    the question about keeping it?  I want it kept until emacs exits
> >    like gnus does with movemail+pop.
> [...]
> So this should go away once 3 is fixed.

Still here... It even asks me for password when I close and open the
IMAP server from the server buffer, which is definitly within one gnus
session.