Re: mailbox prefixes or what do cyrus users do?

SD> Would it be possible to have a feature that would perform some
SD> mailbox-name transformations?  I'd really like something that would
SD> allow me to drop the INBOX. in my mailboxes, (map INBOX..* to \1).
SD> This suggestion is bad as it stands.  Does anyone have a better idea?

I don't know if this will address your needs, but if you just want short
names to be displayed in the *Group* listing (and elsewhere), then you can
take advantage of the gnus-user-format-function-X feature of Gnus.  Check
out the documentation for the variable gnus-group-line-format.  Similar
variables exist for the group name in the mode lines.  Try an apropos on
"gnus.*line-format" for a full list of these variables.

This obviously just changes what is displayed, not the underlying group
name.

--
Jack Vinson
Bart: I will not carve gods.