Re: Marking messages as read...

    KG> Jody Klymak <jklymak@apl.washington.edu> writes:
    >> I'm betting that it is possible to put this "marked for
    >> deletion" mark onto the IMAP server when the gnus user puts E
    >> beside a message.  This would make nnimap behave much more like
    >> Outlook and Netscape Messenger.

    KG> There has been some discussion about this before.  The problem
    KG> is that you probably expect Gnus to keep your messages for a
    KG> while.  But if they are flagged \Deleted on the IMAP server,
    KG> and if you then connect with a different IMAP client, they're
    KG> gone.  Not good.

Are there really any IMAP clients that do this?  I think Pine might be
set to do this by default, but that can be configured.

However, after thinking about it, it would be hard to only expunge
*some* things that are marked for deletion after x number of days?
You'd have to expunge everything that had been marked \Deleted, not
just those that were received more than x days ago.  Since I can't
think of another way to keep this functionality I'm happy with the
slight incompatibility with other IMAP clients.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak                         APL/School of Oceanography,
Doctoral Candidate                  University of Washington