Re: Marking messages as read...

John Saylor <john.saylor@cybertrust.gte.com> writes:

> Anyway, you need to delete the messages, not expire them. To delete a
> single message use this keystroke combo:
>
> B <Del>
>
> where <Del> is the delete key.

I think that expunges them; i.e., they no longer will reside anywhere
on the server, while "deletion" is accomplished by hitting 'd'.  It's
strange jargon, since "deleting" a message means that it will stay on
the server until some IMAP client requests that the server expunge all
deleted messages.  In nnimap, "deleted" and "read" are the same.

--
--Ed Cashin
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu