Re: Marking messages as read...

John Saylor <john.saylor@cybertrust.gte.com> writes:

> Hi

>  R> Unfortunately, marking as "E" doesn't also mark the message as
>  R> read.  This means that when I use something else (like outlook)
>  R> the messages all look like new.  This is "not nice".
>
> Nice? Who said anything about nice?
>
> I too am stuck in a M$ cesspool where Outlook is the norm, and my
> supercite/non-jeopardy replies are looked upon as evidence of
> subversion [and not as something that just works better]; and I won't
> even discuss what grief I get for my complete disregard of that
> "calendar".

hehe, gotta use netscape's calendar here -- sucks just as bad. :)

> Anyway, you need to delete the messages, not expire them. To delete a
> single message use this keystroke combo:

Deleting isn't really the semantic I want.  I want to preserve the
Gnus way of doing things (expiring sometime in the future).  I also
want the state of the message in outlook to make sense.  Marking as
read an expired message would accomplish that.

Maybe I'll get some time to hack elisp today and send a patch along...

--
Rupa (rupa@rupa.com for normal email)
Please don't email duplicate replies.