Re: UW proxying of nntp and status of read articles

Jens Krinke <j.krinke@gmx.de> writes:

> I tried to use nnimap with the possibility of accessing an nntpserver
> via the UW imap-server.  The problem there is that nnimap is not
> obeying the status of the articles that are reported from the
> imap-server: all articles are unread.

In the group buffer or the summary buffer?  The group buffer contain a
estimate, and it's often wrong.

By entering the summary buffer gnus/nnimap will fetch all flags from
the server and you should see whatever the server says you should see.

You can also press M-g on the group in the group buffer to update the
estimate.

> This is no big deal as long as you read from the same account,
> however I am using three different machines to access my imap-server
> and would like to be able to just read unread news via my
> imap-server.

It could be a bug. Kill *imap-log*, *nnimap-debug*, enter a group from
the group buffer, save both buffers and mail them to me and I'll have
a look.