Re: agent strangeness

Conrad Sauerwald <conrad@stack.nl> writes:

> I just experienced some strangeness while using the agent and am not
> quite sure whether this is a known problem.
>
> I went online and basically got my email like I'm used to (J j J Y g J
> s J j) and was able to read everything.  I replied to a message and
> after firing it off wanted to check it, so I refreshed (g) to see
> queue updated.  However, this also made all the email I had retrieved
> while online disappear.

This looks similar to another bug reported to the ding-list recently

http://www.gnus.org/list-archives/ding/199908/msg00059.html

> I checked the .overview, .agentview and active files and it's all there.
> I'll try to debug it to see where gnus fails to establish a correct
> active file, but I would be happy to know if this is just something
> that doesn't quite work yet because of more structural problems.

No, it should work. Anyway I think it's a Agent problem and not a
nnimap problem.

I wasn't able to reproduce it. Are you able to reproduce it all the
time, or does it only happen "sometimes"? If you remove all your old
'groups' file and let Gnus generate new 'active' files, does it go
away?