Re: Group descriptions?

Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:

> Is it possible to associate a group description to an nnimap group?
> (Server-side, that is.)
>
> We would like to create a group for each Master's thesis and would
> like to name the group after the login name of the student.  But IWBNI
> we could tack on some more information, such as full name of student
> and maybe a title.

IMSP or ACAP could do this for you, but IMAP has no provisions for
this sort of per-group info.  If you're using Cyrus, you could
probably set up the Cyrus IMSP server, but I don't know how much
that'll buy you, since although you could teach Gnus to store and read
this info from the server, other clients wouldn't know at all.

John.