Re: nnimap questions

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> Kudos, Simon, for a job extremely well done.

Thank you!

> 1) Can we delete mail messages?  How?

`B DEL' in summary buffer.

> 2) Can messages be spooled between nnimap and other backends?  Both ways?
>    Using the regular pgnus commands for this?

No, respooling in gnus doesn't work with nnimap.

You can simulate the effect of respooling articles from nnimap and
other backends into nnimap by copying/moving the articles into your
`nnimap-split-inbox' mailbox and mark them as unread, they will be
splitted next time you fetch mail.

There's no predefined way of respooling articles from nnimap into
other backends. A IMAP mail source (which uses the IMAP server as a
POP server) should be written, which would solve that problem.

Respool querying is not solved by any of this though, which might be a
nice feature to have.

> 3) Can outgoing mail message be automatically copied to my IMAP-based "Sent
>    Items" folder?

This does NOT work

(setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnimap+truman:Sent\\ Items")

but it should. The problem here being SPC in the mailbox name -- using
a nnimap group that doesn't contain SPC should be just fine.

I've located the problem (`message-tokenize-header' should support
escape characters) and will try to fix it.

> 4) Can we select specific mail folder to auto expire so that messages will be
>    automatically deleted after a certain period of time?

Yes, use group parameters (`G p') or group customization (`G c') to
custimize the expire behaviour on a per group basis.