Re: nnimap questions

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
> Kudos, Simon, for a job extremely well done.

Yey Simon.  What he said.

> 1) Can we delete mail messages?  How?

Sure. Expire them as normal and set nnimap-expunge-on-close for each
server.

For example
       '(nnimap "tivoli"
		(nnimap-expunge-on-close always))

> 2) Can messages be spooled between nnimap and other backends?  Both ways?
>    Using the regular pgnus commands for this?

I just tried it.  Seems to work fine.

> 3) Can outgoing mail message be automatically copied to my IMAP-based
>    "Sent Items" folder?  This "Sent Items" folder might be an artifact
>    of MS Outlook and may not be available to nnimap.  In that case, is
>    there a way for me to create an equivalent that nnimap can use?  I
>    currently use gnus-message-archive-group to write copies to
>    nnfolder:archive group.  This is quite slow, both when writing and
>    reading.  I'm looking for a faster alternative.

I don't understand the "may not be available to nnimap" clause.  But for
example my outgoing archiving writes to an imap box like this:

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
      '((concat "nnimap+tivoli:IMAP/OUTBOX." (format-time-string
			   "%Y-%m" (current-time)))))

> 4) Can we select specific mail folder to auto expire so that messages
>    will be automatically deleted after a certain period of time?

Read messages yes.  Using the normal group parameters *expire* settings.