Re: nnimap questions

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> 2) Can messages be spooled between nnimap and other backends?  Both ways?
>    Using the regular pgnus commands for this?

`B c' and `B m' work both from and to nnimap groups.  If you mean real
splitting, with nnmail-split-methods: that is not easy and requires a
workaround.  The idea would be:

(1) Temporarily set nnmail-split-methods to a different value.
(2) Process-mark all articles in the (nnimap or nnml) group which you want to
    split to nnimap.
(3) Say `G r' to respool (re-split) those articles according to the
    split method setup up in step 1.
(4) Set nnmail-split-methods back to its normal value.

Be *very* careful not to fetch new mail between step 1 and 4, as that
will use the wrong nnmail-split-methods value.

I haven't actually tried it, but it ought to work.  Does it?

> 4) Can we select specific mail folder to auto expire so that messages will be
>    automatically deleted after a certain period of time?

Yes, you can set the auto-expire group parameter (type G c) or you can
set gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups to a regexp matching those groups
which should auto-expire.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.