Re: IMAP feature question

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Have you got an idea where to go with questions like this?  We're
> using the Cyrus server, maybe there's a mailing list...

Yes, there is.

>   - extend imapd such that it updates /var/imap/deliver.db when
>     messages are moved to another group,
>   - extend deliver such that it queries /var/imap/deliver.db upon
>     delivering a message.)

Yup. One problem is that `deliver' is setuid mailadm though.

OTOH I'm going to clean up (and optimize) the splitting stuff soon and
unless there are some complexity I don't see now involved I'll add
your patch to it.

I would look into if it was possible to do what you want using the
Sieve language, article splitting is better of in the server anyway. I
haven't looked much on the non-language aspects of Sieve so I'm not
sure how simple it would be to add the database needed to remember
message-id's.