IMAP feature question

There has been a discussion previously of automatically foldering
followups together with their parents, even when the parent article
has been moved to a specific group manually.  The idea back then was
to do it on the client side (i.e. in nnimap).  But I thought maybe it
is possible to do this on the server side, as well.

So, I issued a query in comp.mail.imap for this but these people seem
to be dealing with different questions than the one I have, and I
haven't been very successful at all :-(

Have you got an idea where to go with questions like this?  We're
using the Cyrus server, maybe there's a mailing list...

(Cyrus already has a database of delivered messages but it seems to be
maintained only by the deliver program and the DB is not updated when
one moves messages from within the IMAP protocol.  And there is no
standard way of querying that information.  But it seems to me that it
should be simple to:

  - extend imapd such that it updates /var/imap/deliver.db when
    messages are moved to another group,
  - extend deliver such that it queries /var/imap/deliver.db upon
    delivering a message.)

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.