Re: nnir.el and process marks

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

  > Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:
  >
  > >   > It worked just perfectly for me. Thanks, great work!
  > >
  > > It is hard to believe that it works :-)  Anyway, I'll be announcing
  > > the new version on gnu.emacs.sources, then.
  >
  > Not related to this, but other problems I've noted:
  >
  > 1) The modeline of summary buffers says for instance:
  >
  > Gnus: nnir:(. "rms")) [0] ...
  >
  > That should be:
  >
  > Gnus: nnir:((query . "rms")) [0] ...
  >
  > I guess this is a Gnus problem though.

Yes, Gnus does this compression of newsgroup names -- instead of
comp.lang.lisp, it shows c.l.lisp.  This is mightily confusing for the
kind of group names nnir uses...

Have you got suggestions what to do?

I think I'll ask how to turn off this feature for some groups.

  > 2) I use `gnus-keep-backlog'. This means it will cache articles in the
  > nnir groups -- which isn't good since the article changes between
  > invocations.

Hm.  So maybe the list of process-marked groups should be included in
the group name?  Hm.  This would make the group name *very* long,
however.  I'm not sure this is the right way to go.

kai
--
I like _b_o_t_h kinds of music.