Re: nnir.el and process marks

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

>   > Gnus: nnir:(. "rms")) [0] ...
>
> Yes, Gnus does this compression of newsgroup names -- instead of
> comp.lang.lisp, it shows c.l.lisp.  This is mightily confusing for the
> kind of group names nnir uses...

Ah, of course.

> Have you got suggestions what to do?

Perhaps just document it.  I've never really liked that compression so
I'll turn it off and be happy.

>   > 2) I use `gnus-keep-backlog'. This means it will cache articles in the
>   > nnir groups -- which isn't good since the article changes between
>   > invocations.
>
> Hm.  So maybe the list of process-marked groups should be included in
> the group name?  Hm.  This would make the group name *very* long,
> however.  I'm not sure this is the right way to go.

One idea: Keep a variable that store the highest used article number
in a NNIR group use article sequences n...n+k instead of 1...k. I
can't tell if that would be difficult to implement.