Re: More on the annotation format

> Finally, the only problem I see occurring with the annotation
> message model is when more than one person is interacting with the
> system at a time... You get into the same wonderful locking problems
> you'd have on a filesystem, except that there's no locking possible.

Ah... OK... here we differ in how we've been viewing the problem.

I've all along been thinking about editing and annotation as something
I do for me, not something that will affect other users of the server.

Ie. if I reparent/rethread a news article in a read-only folder, only
I would see the change.  Ie. only user.prevost.annotations and
user.kapoor.annotations would exist on the server in your example.

That said, I don't often see the need for editing news messages, and
I've resigned to the fact that nntp is a read-only back-end so maybe I
could be resigned to the fact that nnimap is one as well...

It's just that I've become used to reparent those pesky Outlook and
Notes messages and fix the application/octet-stream types on the
attachments into more sensible values.