Re: split followups to go with parents?

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

>   > What's the function named?  I'll have a look, it shouldn't be that
>   > hard to adapt it to nnimap, I think.
>
> Here's the complete patch.  It's against pgnus 0.63 or so but applies
> to 0.80, too.

Looks doable. I think I'll implement it with one hook for inserting
the message id in the cache and one to look for a match. I think
nnimap can call those nnmail functions even though it's not strictly a
nnmail backend..

Another thing. `nnmail-message-id-cache-length' defaults to 1000. I
think this means that your patch will only determine what group the
new mail should go to iff there is a parent within the last 1000 mail?
The default should probably be much higher to be useful, shouldn't it?
1000 mail isn't more than 2-3 days for me.