Problems with 0.89

I have been using nnimap 0.39 and gnus v5.5. I moved to nnimap 0.89 and gnus v5.6.44 todayand am seeing some strange behavior.
   1, setting nnimap-expunge-on-close to "always" causes it to go into a seemingly infinite loop wherein I am prompted to enter a password over and over again. If I set it back to "ask" everything is ok.

   2, Articles aren't marked as read(after I've read them, ofcourse) when I exit a particular group. The group buffer shows the number of unread articles as zero but when I enter the group once again I see that all the articles are marked as new.

Is there something that I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Ramkarthik.
Ramkarthik Kalyanasundaram
Oracle Corporation                     Email:rckalyan@us.oracle.com