Re: Problems with 0.89

Ramkarthik Kalyanasundaram <rckalyan@us.oracle.com> writes:

> 1, setting nnimap-expunge-on-close to "always" causes it to go into
> a seemingly infinite loop wherein I am prompted to enter a password
> over and over again.

Could you kill *nnimap-debug*, enter username/password at the prompt
two times, C-g out of the prompt and then mail me the contents of
*nnimap-debug*?

Also, in *imap-log* could you regexp search for `^* BYE' to see if
there is any untagged BYE tags?  The server might be hanging up on
you, and Gnus would then try to re-open the server.

> If I set it back to "ask" everything is ok.

The default is `always'. Did you mean the other way around?

>    2, Articles aren't marked as read(after I've read them, ofcourse)
>    when I exit a particular group. The group buffer shows the number
>    of unread articles as zero but when I enter the group once again
>    I see that all the articles are marked as new.

You need to patch Gnus, http://www.extundo.com/nnimap/patches.html.

-s