imap + topic = ?

I'm working on making the *Server buffer* display a hierarchial view
of the IMAP server and let the user IMAP-subscribe to groups much like
Netscape's subscribe window. That's good, I think.

One further step in making Gnus a more IMAPish mailreader is to merge
Gnus's concepts of "topics" with nnimap, a quote from the Gnus Todo
list:

* a way to say that all groups within a specific topic comes from a
particular server? Hm.

I think this is a nice idea. But. Making gnus-topic backend aware
would require lots of work (I think), and I've (temporarily) decided
not to do this, but anyway I'd like to know if anyone thinks this
would be a good idea?

Topics, sub-topics etc could reflect the server-side hiarchy of IMAP
mailboxes. Instead of subscribing to IMAP mailboxes in gnus, one would
subscribe to a IMAP server which contain several mailboxes, controlled
by the backend (ie the topic only contains imap-subscribed mailboxes,
and imap-subcribing to new mailboxes is done in the *server buffer*).

One basic questions is: Do anyone use "topics" in Gnus?