Re: problem making new groups?

Vadim Gutnik <gutnik@mtl.mit.edu> writes:

> 1) The folders seem to be named relative to my home directory; if I
>    try to create a folder named "nnimap:foo" it gets created in my home
>    directory, even though I have nnimap-directory set.

Nnimap doesn't create any files/directories, your server does that. I
guess you connect to a UWash server, they seem to work that way. It's
supposed to be a feature.

>       If I specify new folders nnimap-split-rule, the mail seems
>    to be split to the right places, but to make the groups show up I
>    have to go to the server buffer and find them. I don't have to do
>    this with any of the other backends.

It's a known bug, nnimap doesn't detect if there are new groups on the
server because it can't tell. I added this to the 'known-bugs' page.

It's being fixed in the re-written nnimap by using a local file to
store the name of subscribed mailboxes and compare it to what's on the
server when it connects.

>      If I try to just move existing mail into new folders, gnus just
>    sits. When I interrupt with C-g, I get the message "folder foo does
>    not exist, creat it?" I type "yes", and then it sits again. When I
>    interrupt that with C-g, I get the message "cannot create folder
>    foo". Is this right? Am I doing something wrong?

No, this looks like a problem. Can you eval `(setq debug-on-quit t)'
and retry this and mail me the backtrace you get from C-g?

> Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and The manual and web pages should
> be updated to show where this mailing list is. I didn't notice at
> first. :)

Thanks, I'll fix this.