Re: Success, except for splitting

I've played a bit more with my changes to nnimap-split-articles.
One of the changes was definitely wrong.

(let (to-group)
  (while (not (setq to-group (pop groups)))
    nil)
  (if to-group
    (nnimap-split-move-article article inbox to-group)))

Actually works if like this:

(let (to-group)
  (while (and (consp groups)
              (not (setq to-group (pop groups))))
    nil)
  (if to-group
      (nnimap-split-move-article article inbox to-group)))

I've also experimented more with the nnimap-split-articles
behaviour.  It gets called for every group, and reruns the
split for all groups each time.  This isn't too inefficient if
you split everything out of the INBOX on the first pass.

With my little mod, it only splits out of the INBOX when called
with INBOX as the group parameter.  This makes the splitting more
efficient, but any groups processed before the INBOX then miss
out on any articles from that split until the next scan.

Either way, the INBOX displays the original number of articles,
not the number of articles after splitting.

Is there another hook that splitting could be done from ?  I
notice that nnml does the splitting in nnml-request-scan too.

Cheers.
--
Donald Hunter,                     mailto:dhunter@atlantech.com
Atlantech Technologies Ltd.           http://www.atlan-tech.com