Re: nnimap 0.3.11 released

    Simon> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
    >> I might, perhaps, even have to concede the point of server-side
    >> splitting.  Since one of the purposes of IMAP to have server-based
    >> storage so that I can access from different clients at different
    >> locations/computers, my server needs to know how to split my mail into
    >> mailboxes based on my preferences.  Does server-side splitting coexist
    >> with nnimap-based splitting within emacs or must I choose one or the
    >> other?

    Simon> No, you can have both.  In fact, this would be the most efficient
    Simon> and flexible solution.

Great!  Well, I just set up some server-side rules and want to combine them
with some nnimap-based rules and start using nnimap for real!  On the
server-side I am using some coarse filtering (e.g., all redhat messages
regardless of the source list go to redhat mailbox) but on the nnimap side I
will do additional filtering (sort the redhat messages based on which specific
redhat list).  I have nnmail rules that do all this for POP access.  Now I am
just stuck on what is the best way to add nnimap into my .gnus to play with
this!  Hopefully my earlier message on 'Usage Guidelines' will generate some
information.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com