Re: nnimap 0.3.11 released

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> > I'm not sure if nnimap should use nnmail-split-methods, it feels
> > very wrong.
>
> Not if you look at it from my perspective.  IMAP may be a very
> different protocol than POP, etc.  But it is still just a backend to
> a mail server that is delivering mail.  As such, I can see viewing
> it as a drop-in replacement for my current POP access and to expect
> all nnmail stuff to work.

Nnimap isn't a replacement for POP, it's a replacement for POP + a
nnmail backend. With nnimap you won't need the nnmail stuff.

Since splitting isn't done by Gnus, but by the backends you must tell
the nnimap backend about splitting just as you tell your nnmail
backends (nnml/nnfolder/etc) about it.

Copy things like

(setq nnmail-split-method '(rules..))

into