Re: nnimap 0.3.8 released

Justin Sheehy <justin@linus.mitre.org> writes:

> One little nit, that I may patch up myself if I get a few spare
> minutes, is that when typing a pasword with certain characters at the
> imap password prompt one must type double quotes around it.

I've also found that pressing arrow-up or other char's gives an error
"Not printable character" or something. It also should be easier to
C-g out of username/password-questions (you have to C-g twice now, I
think).

Cosmetics, but they should be fixed.

> > 	* nnimap 0.3.8 released
>
> It doesn't seem to be there.

Sorry, I screw up. Now 0.3.8 will be 0.3.8 + some tweaks to allow you
to specify username/password when specifying the backend.

> Also, would you contemplate putting in a link that always points to
> the most recent version?

Done.

> I have a few other thoughts, but I want to see if 0.3.8 changes one of
> the things I've been experiencing before I write about it.

One thing that will probably prevent anyone that follows the
instructions to get it to work is this:

	nnimap uses imap-current-server for "current-server". This is
	fine if server machine == Gnus server. This is not always the
	case (not in the examples on the web page for instance..) so
	this breaks.

I'll fix it.

/S