Re: nnimap 0.3.8 released

So, I've finally managed to get around to a bit of playing with nnimap
(0.3.7).

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Don't byte compile it -- it compiles OK but I always get "Bad
> password" when trying to login to servers. Strange.

One little nit, that I may patch up myself if I get a few spare
minutes, is that when typing a pasword with certain characters at the
imap password prompt one must type double quotes around it.

That is, if one's password is:

foo*

one must type

"foo*"

or the authentication will fail.  I don't use kerberos, imtest, etc
etc.  Just plain passwords.

> 	* nnimap 0.3.8 released

It doesn't seem to be there.

Also, would you contemplate putting in a link that always points to
the most recent version?

That is, to do this right now one could

ln -s nnimap-0.3.8.tar.gz nnimap.tar.gz

I have a few other thoughts, but I want to see if 0.3.8 changes one of
the things I've been experiencing before I write about it.

--
Justin Sheehy

In a cloud bones of steel.