Re: Problems with 0.3.2

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> So what's next for us?  This version only supports read access, correct?  Do
> you have an ETA for write access?

The only thing stopping write support to work is getting Emacs to
count the number of characters in a article the same way that IMAP
servers do.  Jim, did you get APPEND to work?  It could be some MULE
related error.

Folder filtering is another story, one basicly has to re-write (or
steal as much as possible) the nnmail filtering stuff but for IMAP. A
clean implementation would do this in nnimap-request-scan. I.e go
through all articles in the INBOX and filter and move them to the
correct folder (IMAP or not IMAP).

Also, take it careful with subscribing to IMAP folders in Gnus, it has
some bugs that could mess up your .newsrc. Reading IMAP folders from
the server buffer is the safe way right now (and any bug reports in
that part is highly appreciated!).

> Thanx, you're doing a great job so far!

Actually, you should thank Jim Radford and John Prevost, I'm just
shrink-wrapping their work. ;-)

/S