Re: Problems with 0.3.2

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> With 0.3.2 I am still getting 'denied' messages.  I _am_ able to successfully
> 'telnet truman 143', I get a MS Exchange Server sign-on message, and 'A LOGOUT'
> logs me off of the server.  So I know the server is good.

Ok.

> | 2 -> imap-open-server: server="truman" port=nil buffer=" *nnimap* truman" local-defs=nil
> | | 3 -> imap-close-server: buffer=nil autologout=nil
> | | 3 <- imap-close-server: nil
> | 2 -> imap-close-server: buffer=" *nnimap* truman" autologout=nil

> 1 -> nnimap-server-opened: server="truman"
> 1 <- nnimap-server-opened: nil
> 1 -> nnimap-open-server: server="truman" defs=nil
> | 2 -> nnimap-server-opened: server="truman"
> | 2 <- nnimap-server-opened: nil
> 1 <- nnimap-open-server: nil

This look's like imap-open-server got a error/quit-signal.

Since nnimap-open-server does a condition-case (it should never throw
a error/quit but instead return nil, and it does, so Gnus marks the
server as 'denied'), you will not get a backtrace.

Start Gnus and try the above again (so the nnimap/imap-stuff is
loaded), and then evaluate:

(setq debug-on-error t)
(imap-open-server "truman")

And send us the backtrace (you should hopefully get one).

/S

(To evaluate the commands, put the two lines in your *scratch* buffer
and type C-j after each line)