Re: problems with new articles in exchange IMAP folders

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> Platform: XEmacs 20.4, linus, Gnus v5.8.8 (CVS checkout from July 26 2000)
>
> Starting two days ago, every time I get a new article in my Exchange
> IMAP INBOX, I get the message
> 	Wrong type argument: number-char-or-marker-p, FW:
> (or something similar.  I've seen "RE:" and parts of the sender
> address in place of "FW:") in the minibuffer, and a beep.

Another one of theese. Hm. I've been seeing similar reports before and
I'm trying to track one down now (thanks Stan!).

> Are there any closer diagnostics I can run to figure out what is
> going on?

I suspect there is something wrong with the novcache file, but this
might not be the case.  A quick test is to

mv ~/News/overview ~/News/overview.old

and try to enter the group.  If you get the same error, something else
is wrong, if you don't get the error, send me the novcache file
(gzip:ed because of TABs and stuff) for the group that triggers this.

You might want to evaluate `gnus-newsgroups-header' too, if you look
at the end of it I suspect you'll see several bogus entries, some
having strings (in your case "FW:") in the article number position.

BTW: Anyone knows what's happening to gnus.org?  DNS seem to be down,
and when I did get an IP address for quimby, tracerouting to it ended
up in a loop.