Re: nnimap and receipts for mails

[...]

JS> messages, I often get a window that pops up and says something
JS> like this, "The sender of this message has requested a return
JS> receipt to indicate that you have read this mail, do you want to
JS> send one?"

JS> And I say "no" because I basically have a contentious personality.

I guess I'm contentious too ;)

JS> But Gnus never asks me this.

Another reason to never go for the software enema and use something
other than gnus.

JS> It could well be an M$ divide and conquer IMAP "enhancement" that
JS> we're talking about here. But it could be something else.

Actually there are other mail readers who behave that way.  It was the
read-receipt behavior I mentioned.  Simeon and Netscape do this also.

--
Matthias Johnson
Sr. Technical Staff Member	AT&T Labs - Research