Re: nnimap and receipts for mails

Hi

 KG> wolfgang@prs.de (Wolfgang S. Kechel - Patzschke + Rasp Software
 KG> AG) writes:
 >> How can I gain control over the receipts that are send for a mail
 >> I read via nnimap?

 KG> I'm not sure what you're talking about.  So, John sends you mail
 KG> and requests a receipt, and when you read the mail, the receipt
 KG> is sent?  And you want the possibility to turn off this receipt
 KG> sending?

Sometimes I need to use NT [kind of like a software enema ...], and
when I need to read mail, I use Outlook Express to make an IMAP
connection to the [Exchange] mail server. When I read messages, I
often get a window that pops up and says something like this, "The
sender of this message has requested a return receipt to indicate that
you have read this mail, do you want to send one?"

And I say "no" because I basically have a contentious personality.

But Gnus never asks me this.

It could well be an M$ divide and conquer IMAP "enhancement" that
we're talking about here. But it could be something else.

If there is sufficient interest, I could do some tests to see what
happens with Gnus vs. Outlook Express.

 KG> A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.

Oh, so that explains all those glances my way ...

--
\js

Are you mentally here at Pizza Hut??