select method

Hi

I've been following the thread about Performance Problems and would
like to confirm that I understand it.

In an intialization file, you might have something like this:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "imap_server_name"
		(nnimap-address "imap.server.host.dom")
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("*"))
		(nnimap-expunge-on-close always))))

Then in the `gnus-group-edit-group-method' window, you might see
something like this:

;;; Editing the select method for `nnimap+ndhmex01:INBOX'.
;; Type `C-c C-c' after you've finished editing.

(nnimap "imap_server_name"
	(nnimap-address "imap.server.host.dom")
	(nnimap-list-pattern
	 ("*"))
	(nnimap-expunge-on-close always))

And it has been put forth that everything would work faster if you
changed a line in the `gnus-group-edit-group-method' window from
this:
(nnimap "imap_server_name"
to this:
(nnimap "nnimap:imap_server_name"

Did I follow the thread correctly? And can Simon come down with any
proclamation about which is better and why? [or maybe Simon doesn't
want to proclaim anything]

--
\js

ONE:  I will donate my entire ``BABY HUEY'' comic book collection
 to the downtown PLASMA CENTER..
 TWO:  I won't START a BAND called ``KHADAFY & THE HIT SQUAD''..
 THREE:  I won't ever TUMBLE DRY my FOX TERRIER again!!