Re: `a' in a mail-and-news group

> I'm not familiar with the use of the Newsgroups header in nnimap.
> (Well, I'm not familiar with nnimap at all, really.)  What does it
> do?

Well, maybe I was suggesting things without knowing what they do...
It appears that IMAP has personal folders and shared folders.  My own
personal folders are named INBOX and INBOX.foo, and I can see other
users' personal folders as user.jrl and user.jrl.foo.  Other folders
seem to be shared folders.

As far as I can tell, the IMAP server does not treat any of these
folders specially -- you can read and write them according to the
privileges you have.  But sendmail is configured to write mail for
user jrl in the folder user.jrl.  Cyrus also groks plus addressing, so
mail for jrl+foo@host ends up in user.jrl.foo.  And it is possible to
configure sendmail such that mail for bb+foo@host is saved in the foo
folder.

Since all folders seem to be treated the same way, I just thought
WIBNI if nnimap grokked the Newsgroups header and saved messages in
the right group?  Well, Simon implemented that.

And now I'm trying to make this feature even more useful :-)

Maybe we should be talking to some other IMAP users to see how things
are customarily done with other clients.

But in the meantime, is there some variable that I can set in an
appropriate hook to tell Gnus `insert To and Cc headers in this
message'?  I think my problem would be solved if C-c C-n actually
inserted the right newsgroup in the Newsgroups header.  Currently it
inserts an empty Newsgroups header.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.