complex splitting of mail

I'm very new to reading mail in gnus, and so far I'm very happy with
it.  Thanks to everyone whose worked on nnimap!

I'm looking into mail splitting now.  I've read enough to know that it
can do just about everything I want.  But I'm not sure how to get it
to do just what I want, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me.

What I want is the usual thing, mail from such and such a list into
one mailbox, from another list into another mailbox.  However, I want
the highest priority to be that mail sent directly to me stay in the
INBOX, even if it also to a mailing list.

I'm thinking about setting up a rule like:

(setq nnimap-split-rule
        '(("INBOX"               "^To:.*dcohen")
          ("INBOX"               "^Cc:.*dcohen")
          ("INBOX.support"	 "^To:.*support@example.com")
         ))

Will this do what I want?  That is, will mail to the 'support' alias
stay in my inbox if my address is on the To: line?
Does it make sense to split to the "INBOX"?  and is this the right way
to do it?

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

BTW,  Normally, I would just try the above before asking the group
like this, but in this case I'm afraid I could do damage to my inbox, and
I can't afford to lose any mail.