Re: nnimap doesn't work as a secondary-select-method

Timothy Culver <culver@cs.unc.edu> writes:

> This sort of works, but it searches the imap server for all of my
> regular newsgroups:
>
> (setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "imap.doppke.com"
> 				  (nnimap-list-pattern ("*"))))
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
> 	'((nntp "csnews.cs.unc.edu")))

You can't change `gnus-select-method' without removing .newsrc*, I
think.

Gnus assumes unprefixed groups belong to the native method, and if you
change it from your news server to your imap server, Gnus will believe
your news groups lives on your imap server.

Your first configuration looked fine to me.

> Reading active file from imap.doppke.com via nnimap...
> Opening nnimap server on imap.doppke.com...
> Waiting for response from imap.doppke.com...done
> Store password for this session? (y or n)
> Store password for this session? (y or n) Yes
> nnimap: Listing subscribed mailboxes on imap.doppke.com...
> Imap-mailbox-data is nil. Property lsub value nil mailbox nnmail-pathname-coding-system

You didn't mention which version you used, this bug was (presumably)
fixed in a recent version.

I've added more debug info to the error message, if you're using the
latest version I'd suggest mailing me what 0.129 (when it's released)
print.

> Is it possible that I need to set an nnimap-split-rule?

No, that shouldn't be necessery.