nnimap doesn't work as a secondary-select-method

Hi all,

I can't get nnimap to work as a gnus-secondary-select-methods entry.
It works as a gnus-select-method.  Specifically, this gives an error:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "csnews.cs.unc.edu"))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "imap.doppke.com"
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("*")))))

This sort of works, but it searches the imap server for all of my
regular newsgroups:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "imap.doppke.com"
				  (nnimap-list-pattern ("*"))))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
	'((nntp "csnews.cs.unc.edu")))

And this works fine for nntp:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "csnews.cs.unc.edu"))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods nil)

The *imap-log* and *nnimap-debug* buffers look OK.

Here's the error (from *Message-Log*):

Reading active file from csnews.cs.unc.edu via nntp...
Reading active file from imap.doppke.com via nnimap...
Opening nnimap server on imap.doppke.com...
Waiting for response from imap.doppke.com...done
Store password for this session? (y or n)
Store password for this session? (y or n) Yes
nnimap: Listing subscribed mailboxes on imap.doppke.com...
Imap-mailbox-data is nil. Property lsub value nil mailbox nnmail-pathname-coding-system

Is it possible that I need to set an nnimap-split-rule?  I don't
really want nnimap to do splitting, since it's done by procmail during
delivery, but I suppose I could have it split an always-empty box or
something if that would make it happy.

Thanks,
Tim Culver