Re: expiry =? expunge

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

>   > > But your suggestion seems to mean that once I hit E I can't see the
>   > > message anymore.
>   >
>   > No. \Deleted in IMAP doesn't delete the article, it's just a mark
>   > (just like expire marks in Gnus) and the article vanishes first when
>   > EXPUNGE is sent to the server (sort of like the expire process).
>
> How do I interpret your following sentence, then?
>
> ,-----
> | A \Deleted articles can never be shown again in nnimap/gnus even if it
> | hasn't actually been removed on the server yet.
> `-----

Ah, ok, I'm following you. Actually I think it's correct. There is no
way to view articles with IMAP \Deleted marks in nnimap/gnus. The
reason is that there is no Gnus "Deleted" mark we can map it to
(or?). Gnus has no concept of deleted articles that still exists
(other than expire marks, which could be regarded as a deleted article
in some sense, perhaps) like IMAP has.

Um, that probably wasn't a very good explaination.

Hm. If you do `B del' on a article they get "canceled" which in some
sense (by searching for "cancel" in gnus-sum.el) looks like other
marks, but it's not a proper mark is it? It's not listed in
`gnus-article-mark-lists'.