Re: Fetching Problems

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> Since upgrading to the 0.8x series, I noticed that some unread messages stay
> in my server's INBOX and nnimap refuses to read and split it.  Did you change
> things recently such that nnimap "knows" where it's up to in the server and
> have it ignore messages prior to a fetch point?

No., this hasn't changed (basicly nnimap.el hasn't changed at all with
0.8x).

Nnimap issues a SEARCH UNSEEN command to the server and iterate over
whatever articles it return and split does. Could you kill *imap-log*,
do `g' and mail me the top of *imap-log* until it starts to actually
split articles?

> How do I tickle nnimap to read and split these leftover messages?

Enter the mailbox you split your mail from, type M-u on articles to
remove readedness on articles and do `q' to save the flags. When
pressing `g' now it should split thoose articles.

-s