Re: Timeout Problems

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

>  What still bother me, however, is that nnimap takes a looong time
> to realize that the connection has even been timed out.  I have take
> to pressing C-g when I see it taking it too long, forcing a
> reconnect as soon as I type in the next command.

I can't reproduce this (it reconnects immediately for me), is this a
proper step-by-step procedure to trigger this?

1 start gnus
2 wait half an hour or whatever the timeout is
3 enter a nnimap group or pressing `g' or something
<here it hangs a looong time before the connection is lost>

Could you evaluate `(setq debug-on-quit t)' before #3 and send me the
backtrace when you press C-g?

I've added some more checking on the function that waits for process
output in 0.89, could you see if that solve the problem?

/s