Re: nnimap.0.80 and authinfo

> Nnimap < 0.80 is the "stable" branch and will only see bugfixes. At
> most 40 bugfixes to be exact, but I think 0.80 should be usable
> within a couple of versions..

Actually, I'm finding it reasonably useful now.  I have had only one
problem and it didn't take much effort to find a workaround (I had
intended to write up a bug report later on, but when opportunity
knocks...).  At some point the server (* OK linus Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.10
server ready) times out (snip from *imap-log*):

    * SEARCH
    B173 OK Completed
    B174 CLOSE
    B174 OK Completed
    * BYE idle for too long

After that point, any attempt to open the server results in a "server
denied" error message.  I suspected a hung *nnimap* process, but the
process was long gone.  I poked around a bit more and discovered a
buffer named " *nnimap* linus".  Killing that buffer allows me to
reopen the server.  I did have to reauthenticate, but the option to
save the password for the current session is OK by me until authinfo
is supported again.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730