Re: nnimap.0.80 and authinfo

Ian MacKinnon <IMacKinnon@telia.co.uk> writes:

> I've just upgraded to version 80 (whats the difference between that
> and 0.39 ?)

Perhaps I should've explained. :-)

Nnimap >= 0.80 is a series of nnimap's which will lead to something
that is FSF-copyrighted, hence suitable for inclusion in Emacs/Gnus.

Nnimap < 0.80 is the "stable" branch and will only see bugfixes. At
most 40 bugfixes to be exact, but I think 0.80 should be usable within
a couple of versions..

> When I try and use the authinfo file to store my password nothing
> happens and I get prompted for my username and password.

This will be in 0.81, 0.80 doesn't do any authinfo stuff.