Re: topics & tomorrow

Vadim Gutnik <gutnik@mtl.mit.edu> writes:

> > I'm working on making the *Server buffer* display a hierarchial view
> > of the IMAP server and let the user IMAP-subscribe to groups much like
> > Netscape's subscribe window. That's good, I think.
>
> Hmmm. I'd rather not have to go into the server buffer at all except
> maybe to change server variable settings. All the other back ends let you
> subscribe to groups directly from the *Group* buffer

There isn't a conflict, `U', `G m' would still work.

I think we need some kind of improved *Browse server* mode, we can't
work with the current gnus way of listing all available groups since
there is no way we can give gnus a complete list of available groups
(a not uncommon situation with the UWash server is infinitely many
mailboxes because it follows symlinks, I think).

You wouldn't have to go into the server buffer if you know what your
mailbox was called or was one of the imap-subscribed groups, but if
you wanted to browse among the bazillion available mailboxes we have
to do something new.