Speed of Startup

Sorry for harping on this but...

I also run MS Outlook client to access the same IMAP server I am accessing
via nnimap.  I keep Outlook up since we use it for calendaring and other
stuff and it also serves as a debugging and confirmation tool for my nnimap
usage.  When I start Outlook is comes up almost instantaneously with a
display of all my folders and a count of unread messages in each mailbox.
Doesn't Outlook have to follow the same IMAP protocol as does nnimap?  If so,
how can it do it soooo much faster?  Granted we are in beta, but given what I
am slowly learning about what nnimap has to go through to query the IMAP
server, can we ever expect to attain that kind of startup speed?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com