nnimap.texi -- first draft, critique wanted.

I've used the manual web page as a starting point for an nnimap.texi
file. I've got a first draft.  Because it is 22k, rather than mail it,
I've made it available in three forms:

  The "source" Texinfo file:
    http://www.best.com/~mjf/ftp/nnimap.texi

  The info file produced by makeinfo:
    http://www.best.com/~mjf/ftp/nnimap.info

  The html file produced by texi2html:
    http://www.best.com/~mjf/nnimap.html

Changes so far are pretty minimal:

  1) converted from html to texinfo format
  2) added cross references and index entries
  3) A slight reordering: moved the split stuff into the config
     section.

I'd like people to take a look at it, especially to make suggestions
about other cross references and index entries that I should add.

I also need a copyright attribution for the original author.

Once people have had a chance to comment on it, I intend to expand the
"using" section.  At that time, I'm also open to suggestions for
improving the clarity of any of the other sections.

Meanwhile, of course, I'll track changes necessary to keep up with the
hectic pace of nnimap improvement.

When the format has settled down I'll make the whole RCS package
available for inclusion in the "official" source, and keep updating
the info file for as long as it makes sense.

Marty

--
     marty fouts     fouts@null.net     http://www.best.com/~mjf

If a program is useless, it will have to be documented.