Re: Multiple Authentication Credentials

Eduard Martinescu <Eduard_Martinescu@frontiercorp.com> writes:

> > There is a problem with nnimap-authinfo-file.  It can not handle
> > usernames with spaces.  For example, my imap user id is
> > "Eduard Martinescu" (note the space).  The GNUS code that parses
> > the .netrc format breaks up that userid into 2 parts and only
> > returns the Eduard.  It does not matter if there are quotes or
> > not.

Yup, the "netrc" format probably doesn't allow for spaces. At least
the Gnus implementation of it doesn't, anyway.

Since nnimap doesn't do UTF-7 encoding, you could to the manually, try
something like:

machine mail.server login Eduard%20Martinescu password foo

> > Also, I finally got around to tesint the changes you made to 0.3.26 to
> > handle my problem with 'fetch 1,*', and it does NOT work.  I see
> > 0 new messages.
> >
> > From looking at *imap-log*, it appears that it did not try the
> > 'fetch * (uid)' after only receiving one response from the
> > 'fetch 1,* (uid)'
> >
> > Here is the relavant section:
> >
> > * OK [UIDVALIDITY 43] UIDs valid
> > * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
> > A3 OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
> > A4 FETCH 1,* (UID)
> > * 1 FETCH (UID 4198)
> > A4 OK Completed
> > A5 LOGOUT
> > * BYE IMAP4 server logging out
> > A5 OK Completed

I'll look into this. Do you have a *nnimap-debug* trace of this?

/s