Re: Performance of 0.3.29

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> I know that you've made some changes to improve the performance of
> nnimap but I'm wondering if there's more left to be done.  I find
> that entering groups still take quite some time even before it's
> ready to sort the threads and create the summary buffer.  Is this
> something that will be improved over time or is that a limitation of
> imap?

It will be improved. The things that are done when you enter a group
will have to be done somewhere and will still take time, but can be
done faster.

Closing a group currently takes time on big groups since we clear all
flags and re-set them (yes, this is broken).

I'm not sure if gnus-agent can help us cache NOV entries for a group,
otherwise we could do this ourself. This should probably speed up
opening groups significantly, it's the header fetches (and associated
work) which takes most of the time entering a group.