Re: Problems with nnimap 0.3.20 and CCMAIL IMAP server

Eduard Martinesu <Eduard_Martinescu@frontiercorp.com> writes:

> Ok,
> 	I switched the "FETCH 1,*" to "FETCH 1:*" and it seems to work,
> however the IMAP server is returning all UIDS between 1 and the
> end...

Uhm, you get what you ask for. It's supposed to say "1,*". If your
server doesn't handle that, it's broken.

The code does a MIN and MAX on the tagged data returned, so you
shouldn't have any other problems than performance if you need this
for your server.

Perhaps we could check wether the 1,* returned two tagged data and
issue a 1:* command otherwise, but I'll wait until I know if your
server is widely used and if they are planning on fixing this.

I've added "Lotus CCMail" to the non-success list. Do you have a
version number or something on it?

> On a side note, when I then select the group(folder) in GNUS (after
> all unread messages are read), it then asks how many messages I want
> to retrieve and comes up with some number like 9248 (which I think
> is the difference between the first UID and the last UID).... Now I
> know there are only 700 or so messages and not 900.....  Is it
> abnormal of the server to have skipped some UID's?

No, it's normal. If you have deleted some articles, this is the way
things would look.

/s