Re: faster new mail check

>Nnimap shouldn't do UID FETCH 1,* (UID) fetches at all (and we're
>trying to come up with a solution to this) so I think I'll wait until
>I apply your patch.
>Can't you use nnimap-list-pattern to limit the number of uninteresting
>groups instead?

Well, I'm interested in all of them.  I want to know when new messages
arrive in any of these groups, but it takes >30 seconds to select and
fetch in each one.

>The message counts aren't stored between Gnus sessions, so this is
>hard to do. Gnus need the min/max values every time it starts.

What i was hoping for was to have gnus select and fetch all the groups
when it starts, but only the marked ones after that (or rather only
those without \Unmarked).

	-seth

ps -- sorry about the reply-to, it's bogus.