Message Count in Group Buffer

I know that the message count is known not to be fully reliable due to
counting differences between IMAP server and other servers.  But, I am
finding that even groups that have no unread messages are showing up in the
Group Buffer with a message count.  If I enter the group I see that all
messages have marks (either "O" or "E").  If I immediately quit the group,
without having made any changes, the message count goes back to zero.

Is this a known problem and is it on the fix list?

BTW, what kind of marks should I expect to see on my messages?  I do have
auto-expiry activated for all mail groups.  Does nnimap honor that yet?  I am
seeing a mix of "E" and "O" on read messages.  Shoudn't it be consistenty one
way or the other?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com